Animation Project inproved!

After the coding exam, I had some extra time so I decided to redo the walk cycle as I wasn’t too impressed with it. I started off by taking one of the four other attempts of the walk cycle that I had tried to do, once finding a good basis I decide to do the arms fully in the graph editor so they matched the arms and actually look pretty good. Once I had done these I moved onto giving the cycle some life with the body moving up and down giving it a small bobbing motion, I also decided to give the shoulders and hips some more movement as the other walk cycle didn’t have enough of this. The last thing that I did to the animation was the head giving a small bob and making it less robotic.

I then asked Matt on what he thought and he pointed out that I had made the arms and legs the same movement as if the arms were controlling the legs with a string, I then went back to work changing the legs to make them go the opposite way which didn’t take too long but I did also have to change the root rotation and the hip rotation to get it look decent, and this is what I came out as.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s